Caridina japonica - breeding Vol.1

Through building and maintaining beautiful nature aquaria people re-learn the intricate connections between forms of life, plants, fish, microorganism and humans. Riches and beauty come from harmony, from balance. Aquaria are great teachers of this truth. TAKASHI AMANO

6/02/2006

The 5th day since the first female was introduced

Today is the 4th day since the larvae hatched and I lost them all. There is no signs of the dead ones. Sad but true.
The female No.2 didn't hatch eggs yet. I hope she is gonna do it tonight. She is in the salty breeding 10 gallon and will be returned back to the main freshwater tank when all eggs are released.
Next time I will get salinity test and raise it to 34ppm. As well as that I will get some food like Golden Pearls (100-200 micron).
I find hard to culture green water inside the tank. There is lots of lights (24/7), no CO2, NitrAte 20ppm, nitrIte 0.25ppm and water change every two days 5 liters, but no green water.